Laser toenail fungus treatment in Seattle is important to know. Our nail doctors give the best treatment options. After they consult you, they determine what would work best. There are different treatment options. The most effective treatment is laser treatment. Although, this could be avoided by following a few prevention tips.
Here are a few prevention tips to avoid getting a toenail fungus infection during the winter time. If you believe you have a toenail fungus infection, you should schedule a consultation to see our nail doctors.
- Always wear shoes in public, shared places
- This includes public swimming pools, hot tubs, hot springs, gyms, locker rooms, and communal showers
- Do not share nail clippers with anyone
- Always disinfect your nail clippers after using them. As a result, this could prevent the fungus from spreading to your other nails
- Always wear clean socks when changing into closed-toed shoes
- The warm environment in shoes on hot summer days is perfect for a fungus to develop
- Only go to a clean and sanitary nail salon
- As a result, many people have gotten nail fungus from nail salons that don’t clean or sterilized after each treatment
Laser Treatment for a Toenail Fungus in Seattle
Toenail fungus treatments in Seattle can vary. If you have caught nail fungus, it can be easily treated using the FDA-approved PinPointe laser, which typically only takes one treatment. Other treatments like topical solutions and oral medication are not as effective. Topical solutions have a very low cure rate. This is because the solution does not penetrate all the way through the nail bed. This is because it can lead to liver toxicity. You would need to have consistent blood tests throughout the course of taking the medication.
Our nail doctor in Seattle, WA recommends this treatment for toenail fungus. The PinPointe Laser treatment has the highest cure rate in the market. It has no side effects and no recovery period. As a result, you can go about your daily activities right after the treatment. Also, there’s no pain.
If you have any signs of nail fungus, call us at 800-672-0625 at our Seattle, WA location, or visit our website for more information on our doctors at one of our over 150 locations.