Toenail fungus specialists in Stockton can vary. People don’t normally wear opened-toed shoes during the wintertime. It is important to try and avoid toenail fungus during the winter time. It is easier than most people might think. Furthermore, it is important to see a nail doctor if you do get infected with a toenail fungus. They can give you the best treatment option for you.
Tips to avoid Toenail Fungus in the Winter Time
Follow these tips to have a toenail fungus-free winter!
- Allows wear shoes in public places
- This includes public swimming pools, hot tubs, hot springs, saunas, gyms, and locker rooms
- Avoid sharing nail clippers.
- You can infect all of your nails and others if they are shared
- Always disinfect your nail clippers and any other nail maintenance tools you use
- Don’t share shoes with other people
- As a result, if they are infected with toenail fungus, the infection can spread to your toes
- Avoid wearing tight-closed shoes for an extended period of time
- As a result, a warm, moist environment is the perfect place for a toenail fungus infection to spread
Laser Treatment for a Toenail Fungus in Stockton
Toenail fungus treatments in Stockton can vary. If you have caught nail fungus, it can be easily treated using the FDA-approved PinPointe laser, which typically only takes one treatment. Other treatments like topical solutions and oral medication are not as effective. Topical solutions have a very low cure rate. This is because the solution does not penetrate all the way through the nail bed. This is because it can lead to liver toxicity. You would need to have consistent blood tests throughout the course of taking the medication.
Our nail doctor in Stockton, CA recommends this treatment for toenail fungus. The PinPointe Laser treatment has the highest cure rate in the market. It has no side effects and no recovery period. As a result, you can go about your daily activities right after the treatment. Also, there’s no pain.
If you have any signs of nail fungus, call us at 800-672-0625 at our Stockton, CA location, or visit our website for more information on our doctors at one of our over 150 locations.