Toenail Fungus Specialists in Walnut Creek can vary. Our nail doctors typically recommend laser treatment. It is important to first consult with a specialist. They will be able to provide the best medical advice. There are many different options and each case of toenail fungus is different.
Avoiding Toenail Fungus
Here are some tips on how to avoid getting toenail fungus.
- Wear shoes in shared, public spaces
- This includes public swimming pools, hot tubs, hot springs, gyms, public showers, and locker room
- As a result, people can easily get infected by someone walking barefoot in these areas
- Do not share nail clippers
- People can easily pass on a toenail fungus infection by using the same clippers
- Always clean and disinfect your nail clipper and other tools used to maintain your nails
- Wearing closed-toed shoes
- This creates the perfect warm and moist environment for a toenail fungus to develop
- Try avoiding using the same shoe every day
- Also, always change socks when putting on a new pair of shoes
These tips seem like common knowledge, but you would be surprised how many people get infected like this.
Laser Treatment for a Toenail Fungus in Walnut Creek
Toenail fungus treatments in Walnut Creek can vary. If you have caught nail fungus, it can be easily treated using the FDA-approved PinPointe laser, which typically only takes one treatment. Other treatments like topical solutions and oral medication are not as effective. Topical solutions have a very low cure rate. This is because the solution does not penetrate all the way through the nail bed. This is because it can lead to liver toxicity. You would need to have consistent blood tests throughout the course of taking the medication.
Our nail doctor in Walnut Creek, CA recommends this treatment for toenail fungus. The PinPointe Laser treatment has the highest cure rate in the market. It has no side effects and no recovery period. As a result, you can go about your daily activities right after the treatment. Also, there’s no pain.
If you have any signs of nail fungus, call us at 800-672-0625 at our Walnut Creek, CA location, or visit our website for more information on our doctors at one of our over 150 locations.